Blizzard Entertainment’s global events team is looking for an experienced associate events manager with experience to conceptualize, develop, lead and fully execute a variety of multifaceted events.
This Associate Events Manager will have the creative and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute a variety of events. They must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations — Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? When you attend events do you find yourself thinking about how you would have done it differently? If you’re someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, so much the better.
- Manage all details of event production, including conceptualizing, designing, preplanning (events briefs, milestone and production schedules, venue selection, scenic design, logistics, vendor selection, etc.) and fully executing, trade, consumer, media, launch and other events.
- Manage scenic design, build, and logistics for events.
- Develop, manage and reconcile event budgets.
- Negotiate and manage event-related contracts and financial agreements.
- Establish event KPIs and drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
- Proactively create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows/scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event- related deliverables.
- Manage projects insuring that all events are executed at the highest quality.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Assist with company trade shows including transportation, drayage, electrical, installation and dismantle labor, event staff, internet, audio visual requirements, playable builds, giveaways, and travel accommodations.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production.
- Other related duties as required.
- 4+ years’ experience in event planning and production
- Experience planning events for 500+ attendees
- A passion for events and video games
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple demanding projects simultaneously
- Remarkable attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Experience with event broadcast in any of its various forms
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Ability to maximize resources and establish productive business relationships internally and with vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel for the role as well as work nights and weekend per event schedule
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
– Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
– What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio of images for events they were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents they used to produce and manage the events.
[PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE “SUBMIT RESUME & APPLY” OPTION]
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.