Activision Blizzard Esports is seeking a marketing manager to support its Hearthstone Esports, World of Warcraft Esports, and Classic Esports marketing efforts. This person will be responsible for managing the global marketing strategy, advertising/media campaigns, promotional efforts, branding, and owned and operated platforms. This person should be passionate about implementing global marketing campaigns that foster loyal, engaged fans. The Marketing Manager will manage the day-to-day interactions with internal Blizzard creative and publishing groups, creative partners, and advertising and media agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in brand marketing and a proficiency across and passion for Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, and StarCraft II. This position is based full-time in Irvine, California.
- Develop and implement Blizzard Esports global marketing strategies and plans; focused on driving viewership, acquiring new fans, and enhancing engagement with current fanbase.
- Build and execute fully integrated marketing plans across owned, earned, and paid channels; work with the integrated team to ensure correct distribution platforms are leveraged and optimized for performance.
- Spearhead, review and approve all Blizzard Esports branding, including creative developed internally, from sponsors, network partners, and regional offices.
- Develop and execute promotional programs to increase fan engagement and viewership, while monitoring budget and maintaining alignment with brand positioning.
- Measure the effectiveness of brand and consumer marketing initiatives and develop insights to optimize campaigns, make recommendations, and track against key KPIs.
- Project-manage all brand marketing initiatives, ensuring deliverables are executed on time with required approvals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, advertising, communications, or related field.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in consumer brand marketing and/or agency experience.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills.
- Experience launching marketing and advertising campaigns for gaming, esports, or consumer brands.
- Excellent written and verbal business communications skills.
- Able to thrive in a heavily cross-functional environment.
- Passion for Blizzard esports including Hearthstone, StarCraft, and World of Warcraft.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter* which should include:
– Why you are interested in working on Blizzard Esports
*Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
[PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE “SUBMIT RESUME & APPLY” OPTION]
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.