As International Relations Manager you will be part of the League Management team in Berlin. You will report to the Head of League Management for Europe and join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate one of the most sophisticated esports ecosystems in the world.
With the League of Legends European Championship (LEC), European Masters (EM), our 14 European Regional Leagues (ERL) and multitude of amateur and grassroots competitions, Riot operates an extensive League of Legends Esports ecosystem in Europe. As International Relations Manager you will be liaising with industry and government stakeholders to support the representation of Riot Esports on the European level. You’ll be coordinating with the European League Management team to manage public affairs and serve Riot Esports Europe as a spokesperson for International Relations. In collaboration with your colleagues from the League Management team, your goal is to create League of Legends Esports in Europe that offers best-in-class sports media entertainment for fans, an aspirational career opportunity for pro players, a healthy business environment for leagues and teams, and a competition that meets the highest standards of competitive integrity.
- Represent Riot Esports Europe at conferences and as spokesperson in public- and industry-facing settings
- Represent Riot Esports Europe in associations we are members of
- Maintain political relationships with governments and regulators
- Liaise with the LEC and ERL teams to help drive the continued evolution of the rules and regulations of European League of Legends Esports
- Support the design of a holistic European Esports ecosystem that ensures that professional, semi-professional, and grassroots layers of competition synergize harmoniously
- Support the League Management team in ecosystem design strategy
- Maintain close relationships with other Esports industry stakeholders, such as publishers and tournament organizers
- With support of our internal communications and League Management team, draft internal and external communications
- Degree in Sports or Business Administration, or equivalent degree with relevance to the role
- 5+ years of experience in esports or sports league operations, governance, and/or politics
- Strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and pro-team business
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Extensive travel will be required
- Additional languages beyond English are a bonus, but not required
- Experience in setting up RFPs and tender processes
- Open paid time off
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
[PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE “SUBMIT RESUME & APPLY” OPTION]
To apply for this job please visit www.riotgames.com.