Who We Are
TSM is one of the most successful and recognizable electronic sports organization in North America. We are home to a vast network of educational websites, the largest network of streamers on Twitch.tv (Subsid. Amazon), and the most notable League of Legends and Fortnite team in North America.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Vice President of Finance, who will play an instrumental role in the future growth and positioning of TSM. As a trusted advisor to senior management, the VP of Finance will develop and implement strategies for continued financial health of the organization.
You will be accountable for financial control, risk management, treasury, financial systems and reporting. You will be a catalyst in transformation, taking the finance department to the next level as the business continues to scale globally. You will provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization and add value as a senior member of the finance team. The VP of Finance will manage a team of two in the department.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage all aspects of finance and accounting operations
- Partner with the Executive team as a financial problem solver and identify how operating performance can be maximized while communicating consistently about performance and financial decisions
- Analyze company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and budgets
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management
- Work with team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking
- In conjunction with Controller, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Manage all external audits
- Establish short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives
- Act as a strategic business partner to executive leadership team
- Work to develop financial technology to optimize financial systems
- Oversee technical accounting matters, contract review, private company equity matters (409A valuations, warrants) and private company financing arrangements
What It Takes To Be Successful
- 12+ years of senior financial and/or operational experience, ideally in tech or entertainment. Broad mix of start-up to larger, matrix organizations preferred.
- BS or BA, preferably in Business Management, Finance, Accounting or a related field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Collaborative nature as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines
- Proven strategic thinker and problem solver when it comes to competitive strategy, business models and resource allocation
- A “player-coach” who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary
- Understand and deal with complex accounting issues, including those unique to a retail business and an online presence
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven mindset
- Track record of building and developing strong teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication and people skills. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Ability to be execute both tactically and strategically at a high level of performance
- Experience with coaching and developing high performing teams
- Previous start-up industry experience a plus, preferably in a gaming space
What We Offer
- A company focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged senior management team of seasoned gaming professionals
- Fluid organization unencumbered by politics or bureaucracy with significant autonomy to get things done quickly and right
- A fast-paced but fun team of passionate people
- Cool projects and opportunities to jump ahead of the industry and optimize people initiatives around a great culture
- Excellent reputation with customers and industry
[PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE “SUBMIT RESUME & APPLY” OPTION]
To apply for this job please visit tsm.bamboohr.com.